Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This week...

...I intend on getting Twilight Dreams #5 done. I've got a complete shot list and just took a last look at the script. Then I took a look at 6 through 9 (yeah, I got 9 done), and did about half of 10. I know what goes in the other half, I just need to break it down into shots and dialogue/voiceover. So today or tomorrow I'll work on shooting the shots.

However, I also want to finish up S&S college this week if possible. As soon as that's done, I'm going to be doing some minor maintenance on the computer (updating some drivers and then usual stuff I do regularly), some CD burning of backups, and theoretically be installing Free Time. I say "theoretically" because I don't yet have a copy in the house, as it turns out that EB/Gamestop no longer sell used PC games and the local place that does didn't have it, so I need to order a used copy online.

I have a folder with updated hacks, including Squinge's new version of Pregnancy Wear Any Outfit! If you didn't hear, he's back and updating hacks, for AL and FT, and got the FT one done a couple days ago (there's an AL one too). He's posting on the InSIM site. I need to see if he did an update on Hula & More for FT as well, but otherwise, it's probably safe to use anyhow. Most of the rest I have an updated copy of ready and I'm adding a couple new things from MATY and 2Jeffs on top of that, but those two sources tend to work well together so it should be fairly straight-forward. I've also got an updated copy of simPE and CEP waiting, and my, erm, workaround for SecuROM.

Assuming everything goes okay, Gen B onward will have hobbies to do and I'm goign to end up rebuilding college rentals again to help accomodate that and throw in some community center type things in the regular hood and at college. I may even have a Gen B Sim open a hobby-related business, depending (I already have plans for a couple businesses anyhow, so it may wait til later).

Oh hey, my power just went out for about 5 seconds while I was typing this. Yes, "while"; I have an obviously very reliable UPS. That happens a lot here, it's how the old drive got damaged so badly. Not a problem since we got the UPS, but I'm still being more careful about backups than I used to be. I'm actually even planning on setting a system restore point before installing FT in case it messes anything up.

So hopefully still TD stuff by early next week at latest and then once I get FT up and running (or not) and am sure everythign's okay I'll start putting together that college chapter in between playing so it hopefully won't be as big a gap this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment