Monday, August 4, 2008

Dr. Horrible Lives, and So do I

Okay, first, the non-Simmy stuff: they put Dr. Horrible back up as a hulu stream, which I found out about yesterday, so I've now gotten to see the whole thing. I think I'm kinda a little in love with Neil Patrick Harris. Not quite "OMG I want to make babies" with him—though granted I don't want kids anyhow and besides, he's, y'know, gay—but definitely I'd love to see him do more stuff like this. Also, I hunted around for news about whether or not they were doing a soundtrack (they are) because I absolutely need a copy of "Brand New Day" (or whatever they end up calling it) so I can listen to it 138904832 times in a row nao plz. As it is, I rewound the video half a dozen times to listen to it. Also I tried to take some screencaps though they kept ending up blurry, so I guess doing any icons out of it will have to wait til I own an actual copy, which will happen. Cuz, $6 at iTunes? I think I can squeeze $6 into our budget in the near future.

As far as Sims goes, the CC I was working on was two things: recolours of some elder shirts and some object recolours. I'm having the usual problem with clothes and file compression and think I'm going to pull the elder male button shirt since I just can't get it non-grotty, but the other two (pull-on top for women and polo for guys) I think I've finally gotten to an acceptable dither level, though I need to go take another look in game because Bodyshop lighting sucks. The object recolours seem to be okay without any special intervention for once, so I'mma gonna take a few screens and load those onto box.net (probably the elder stuff too but as usual it's still not as good as I'd like) sometime soon.

Building projects I'd referred to were mostly Saints and Sinners' vacation-hood related. I wanted to remodel the existing Maxis buyable lots for sure and maybe add some extras. Twikki Island's stuff has been remodeled and furnished, plus I built a small (though pricey) new house. I squeezed in a (still-empty) beach lot, too, for future expansion. Takemizu (sp?) has had its existing stuff remodeled and furnished, and I've figured out where to put two more lots but not built anything new. That leaves, um, that third place I can't remember the name of. Oh, and I finally got around to adding the two other college things I wanted done before I started playing college (a second 3-bedroom design and a new community lot). I might go throw in some shells for Greek Houses too, because I was thinking of founding them this time around, one for each gender, though I may not bother this gen.

Twilight Dreams video is still being worked on. Still no guesses on how long it'll take me, which is kinda annoying since the end result is going to be less than 5 minutes of video, le sigh. And I still want to do some more scripting before resuming episode releases, though I may just bite the bullet and start shooting episode 5 (which is scripted) soon anyhow, and just try to get the other scripts done before I hit my last existing script (for 7). Some of the upcoming stuff I need to shoot is going to probably take some fairly creative use of boolProp and hacks, and in one case I'm really completely unsure how I'm going to do it, so I'm going to ask an odd question: does anyone know of a way to deliberately generate butterflies on a lot, preferably in a specific spot?

Today, though, I'm probably going to just do some S&S stuff I want to fill out the final Gen A chapter with, which, yes, means that's going to update before Twilight Dreams gets its videos, unless I suddenly have a burst of mad video-making skillz and get it all done much quicker than I expect.

Lastly: I also now have this very scary file on my hard drive* right now which has got notes for an S&S project that probably won't see the light of day til at least Gen C, which is because my brain hates me and would rather give me more ideas for new stuff than concentrate on the things I'm actually trying to get done. (Which is why there are also notes for a whole 'nother legacy in existence as well, but no, I'm not going to be trying to start that one anytime soon. Maybe after TD is totally done...)

[*Note: Also on our spiffy new backup server's hard drive. We took one of the older computers and turned it into a server; it's going to have our music library and it now runs our Unreal games and we're going to use it for data backups and archiving. Yay!]

No comments:

Post a Comment