Sunday, May 4, 2008

Various Simmy Weekend Things

I just finished up the shot list for E4 of Twilight Dreams, and went over the video shotlist to see if I could think of anything else. I'll probably start filming the video while I'm doing other shots, though I have a lot of video to be done in places the shots are precisely not. Of course. Heh.

Haven't done any actual play in S&S, but I did do a bit of building-related stuff. First I cleaned up my lots bin. Lots I wasn't likely to use again (mostly stuff I was duplicating for Twilight Dreams) got plopped down in my storage/test 'hood and taken out of the bin. Some S&S lots got put INTO the bin, so I can re-use them elsewhere. And I revised the university rental templates, so the old ones were deleted and the new ones put in.

There's now three basic rental templates. The one Abby had in the college chapter is about the same, but rearranged and with an extra toilet. The one Aaron and Adrian both had has been completely rebuilt and is now a bit more expensive, which is fine. The last one I haven't used yet but is meant for two people to share... some of gen B's kids may end up living together.

I also did some other work at the University. I'm using the Sim State template but there's some stuff about it that bugs me. That big line of shops is one. It's ugly. Well, now it's not. Functionally it's nearly identical (I added coffee, pretty much that's it) but decor-wise it's been completely done over. I also fiddled with the placement of furniture and such slightly. The student union thing has also gotten a total makeover interior-wise, and those long halls are now larger and no longer as drafty (read: I pulled about two-thirds of the archways). And I added one more dorm. I actually pulled all the original dorms first thing before anyone went to college, and am using the same small dorm template for all four dorms, just done in different colours.

The rest of the buildings I've mainly left as-is except some minor tweaks, but I may take another look at a couple of them when gen B gets to college.

I still want to go leave at least "Yay, read and enjoyed" comments (and at least one long comment) on a few things on boolProp, but that's going to be later tonight. Right now is Guild Wars time. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment