Saturday, July 25, 2009

Today's dilemma

Or, more like, "last few months' dilemma".

I've been pondering reinstalling the Sims. Again. Still. Whichever.

Unfortunately, I'm still having health issues. Yes, I'm trying to do something about them, but being that I'm using the local po' folks' insurance, time between appointments gets long... not to mention that the last appointment I had I missed because, heh, I was sick. And then my doctor left the practice. Yes, really. She's moving out of state. I did make it to what one of my friends calls "the annual titsmash" (no problems, btw, yay) but haven't tried to get on a new doctor's list yet, because I hate starting over with a new doctor. I know, I know. I'm going to call soon, really.

But I've been playing other games on and off, and while I have bad weeks where I do very little, I also have better weeks where I could probably make progress. And I've been writing again anyhow (faith-related stuff, not fiction, but it's something).

The thing is... it's been most of a year since I last updated anything. Well, 10 months or so. Long enough to have had a baby... that'd have been a good excuse, actually...

Anyhow, while I do sort of miss the things I was working on, I'm really not sure if I feel I can pick up where I was. Sometimes I think about them and think, oh yeah, I can do this. Sometimes I'm like, urgh, I'm not even sure I want to try. And then there's the fact that, not that I had a lot of readers anyhow, but y'all have probably forgotten who the heck anyone was.

On the other hand, I'm sick of my projects ending just as I'm getting going.

On the other hand, I've got plenty of ideas for new projects.

On the other hand (hey, where'd all these hands come from?) I still have notes for the projects that were in progress, and theoretically I probably could pick up where I was and get back into them with a little effort.

On the other hand, at the rate I'm going, I'm never going to get to those other projects, and one of them is on my list of Things I Really, Really Want to Do. Which, don't get me wrong, I wanted to do S&S and TD, but I have this whole outline for an entire 10-gen legacy of plottiness that I'd love to get to. And sometimes I think trying to do a 26-gen one was a really, really bad idea (though I wouldn't mind trying a shorter uglacy if I do abandon that one), and that trying to do a Sims-based anime thing was maybe not the brightest idea I'd ever had. (Though if I do abandon that one, I will probably release the remaining scripts in text format here.)

Not to mention that at this point no one's really sure what's wrong with me (at least as far as accounting for all the symptoms), and who knows if I'm going to be able to stick with anything, old OR new...

So, I'm really not sure what to do. Any thoughts anyone wants to share? Opinions, suggestions... something to break me out of dither mode would be welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I can help you - I'm kind of in the same boat, but without the illness (I hope you do figure that out, by the way). I haven't updated in a while, and frankly I feel no desire to. Sometimes, like you, I think I can pick it back up, but most of the time it just feels like too much work. So I'm no help.

    I will say, though, that I DO remember your stories. I'd probably have to reread to refresh myself, but I remember them and would love to read more of them - or of new projects, if that's what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that if you started publishing something again, I would read it. Whether it's picking up with one of your old projects or starting something new, I would definitely give it a chance. I miss getting to read your stuff.

    ReplyDelete