Monday, October 6, 2008

problems with Free Time

I found one fixable problem (jump problem that turned out to be from an outdated hack that I didn't realize had a newer version) and did a bit more testing with the test neighborhood with regular gameplay, including some hobby objects. Everything was looking okay...

Until I loaded my Simself's house. I did some building additions to add hobby objects, gave her some aspiration reward thingies including a secondary, and then went to go take her out to buy a video game. She froze in the car and wouldn't drive anywhere.

So I pulled out Ye Olde Trusty Fixbox (FFS Debugger) and tried the usual fixes.

Then when I tried to take her to a lot, the car would pull out of the drive and she would exit it while it was in motion.

Quit without saving (all my rebuilding is gone!), rentered lot. Tried, tentatively, clearing attraction markers and trash memories. Took her to a lot. It worked... but on arrival there was this big freeze. But at least it worked. No repeat of the crazy animation. Slowly started adding stuff back (not all of it yet), so far it's just a repeat of the same problem, no further problems. Then I tried pulling my non-Awesome, non-TwoJeffs hacks. Same results, so it's not one of them.

Basically, she gets out of the car and the animations freeze, then everything resumes. Also, I'm getting regular animation slowdowns on community lots (haven't tried enough on home lot to be sure it's there), noticeable little hitches, though nothing like the freezing in the case of the car.

I suppose it could be a MATY or TwoJeffs hack, but that seems so unlikely. I mean, aside from antiwatchout, I don't even think I have any car related hacks (hrm, except a couple car pool things), and the only CC cars I have are Maxis made. For completeness sake I ought to try loading the game without the MATY hacks and without the TwoJeffs hacks, and for real completeness sake, without any CC at all, but I don't feel like it right now. I'm tired and cranky and don't feel like debugging at the moment.

The game is patched, btw, so it's not that, either. Unless the patch itself is causing problems, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment