Monday, August 3, 2009

ACR and other things

No, I don't have the game installed yet. In fact, I'm feeling like crap and I did say don't expect anything for a while, right? But I've been looking at my downloads and mods and stuff anyhow, trying to figure out what I want to keep, and ACR is on the "only maybe" list.

Don't get me wrong; ACR has given me plenty of lolz and thrown me some fun curveballs (unexpected third pregnancy resulting in twins, frex). But it really is pretty aggressive, and I've never been very apt at tuning it... and that becomes more important if I'm going to be doing the new plotty thing, what with the fact that I'm effectively going to be playing Strict Family Values with it even if it's not for score.

On the 'keep' side, there's really nothing else like it out there, and I don't know if I want to lose the features I do like. Moreover, TwoJeffs is working on v2.0, which if I can get FT running (yeah, sucks for Mac folks, 2.0 requires FT or AL, sigh), I might find better, as it's sounding like it will both be more easily tunable and have a lot more options.

On the 'drop' side, I don't think the timer's going to be any more adjustable, and the timer's aggressiveness bugs me. I know Sims' lives are short and days have a different meaning to them, but even when I was young and full of libido I wasn't doing the horizontal bop every single day. And while I like risky woohoo and autonomous try for baby, I'm not sure if those two are enough to be sure I want to keep it. I can always go back to choosing which type of Woohoo based on circumstance (Want panels/LTWs, mainly), or roll dice if I'm not sure, or whatever.

So, yeah. Not sure.

I'm also going to be carefully looking at my Awesomeware and possibly pruning it. Some things are definitely staying, and a couple things I might add (I'm at least going to try out harderjobs, though I don't know if I'll keep it), but I might lose a few too. I'm not sure about that either. I've got a handful of other TwoJeffs hacks, too, but I think all those are in the keep pile as they're mainly either actual fixes or same-gender things. Most of the rest of what I have is animation/story things, and obviously those I'm keeping, plus a couple miscellaneous hacks.

Speaking of change, and new EPs and such, I've decided that I will not be acquiring AL. Yeah, I wish I had ceilings, and yeah, some of the new interactions look awesome, and I regret that I can't have them, but I just don't want to mess with it. And honestly, the witches thing just doesn't do it for me. Not that I've ever been all that eager to play with the nonhumans, aliens excepted, but for some reason I just feel exceedingly bleh about the witches in particular. I just don't like the special Sim types that randomly show up that much anyhow. I can deal with vamps, but, frex, I hate Crumplebottom and the Charlatan. I briefly considered getting M&GS used, since I do really like landscaping, but I think I'm going to just skip that, too, and just go with what I have rather than risk... issues. Including added lag... my computer is actually quite good, but unfortunately it's good in a way the Sims doesn't take advantage of, as the game predates the widespread use of multicore systems.

On the CC front, I'm... probably not going to download a lot more than I ever did, but I actually grabbed a handful of clutter items, and I might get a few more things. We'll see.

So that's my random update for the week. And it probably will be 'for the week'. I'll try to update regularly even if I'm not making much progress, but I don't think I'll be getting much done this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment